The health and well-being of passengers and crew is our highest priority. The smaller, more intimate size of the Elysium is on its own an assurance of higher safety levels. Due to Covid-19, we are taking additional steps and applying even more rigorous cleaning and disinfecting protocols, as well as reduced capacity measures. We are actively following all Word Health Organization updates regarding Covid-19 and adjust our strategies to ensure we meet the latest guidelines of hygiene and cleaning.
These are some of the measures applied on board the Elysium.
PRE-BOARDING HEALTH SCREENING
- All passengers who have NOT been vaccinated are required to present a negative PCR Covid-19 test taken no more than 96 hours prior to boarding.
- All passengers undergo rapid Covid-19 testing prior to boarding at the company’s expense.
- All passengers must fill out a health declaration form prior to boarding.
- Boarding will be denied to any guest showing signs of illness or in case of contact with a COVID-19 case 14 days prior to cruise departure.
DURING THE CRUISE
- Daily health and Covid-19 screenings for all guests and crew, including body temperature and oxygen level.
- Face masks required when in public areas, except when seated in restaurants, bars, lounges and on the sun deck.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available around the ship.
- Comprehensive isolation procedures and a response plan are in place with local authorities, to be activated in case of suspected or confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- All crew members are fully vaccinated and undergo rapid Covid-19 testing prior to every cruise departure.
- Crew members follow proper hand-washing/sanitizing practices and wear face masks at all times.
- Crew members have undergone comprehensive health and safety training.
ELYSIUM PUBLIC AREAS & GUEST ACCOMMODATION
- We keep your rooms clean and free of germs and bacteria with daily UV light sanitizing.
- All cabins are deeply sanitized at the end of each cruise.
- UV disinfection and constant sterilization of frequently touched surfaces.
- Use of approved disinfecting products, effective against viruses.
- Air management, enhanced filters and other technologies applied, where feasible, to ensure fresh air circulation.
- Strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols also applied “behind the scenes”, in areas like the kitchen, laundry room and crew quarters.
- All spa and fitness facilities and services will be available with enhanced health and sanitatization measures and extended operating hours to compensate for reduced capacity measures.
- All snorkeling gear and water sports equipment will be sanitized after each use.
ELYSIUM DINING & FOOD HYGIENE
- Strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols are applied in the kitchen and during all food preparation.
- At the buffet restaurants the food will be plated and served by our crew members wearing face masks & disposable gloves until further notice
- Ample dining space, indoors and outdoors on board the Elysium, guarantees safe distance between patrons.
Onboard services are subject to change following local Covid-19 pandemic regulations or other restrictions. Protocols are continuously evaluated and updated in accordance with new developments and official guidelines.
Stay up to date with the latest Covid-19 information by regularly checking: