The health and well-being of passengers and crew is our highest priority. The smaller, more intimate size of the Elysium is on its own assurance of a higher safety level. Due to Covid-19, we are taking additional steps and applying even more rigorous cleaning and disinfecting protocols, as well as reduced capacity. We are actively following all Word Health Organization updates regarding Covid-19 and adjust our strategies accordingly, to ensure we meet the latest guidance of hygiene and cleaning.
These are some of the measures applied on board the Elysium.
PRE-BOARDING HEALTH SCREENING
- All passengers who have NOT been vaccinated are required to present a negative PCR Covid-19 test taken no more than 96 hours prior to boarding.
- All passengers undergo rapid Covid-19 testing prior to boarding at the company’s expense.
- All passengers must fill out a health declaration form prior to boarding.
- Boarding will be denied to any guest showing signs of illness or in case of contact with a COVID-19 case 14 days prior to cruise departure.
DURING THE CRUISE
- Daily health and Covid-19 screenings for all guests and crew, including body temperature and oxygen level.
- Face masks required when in public areas, except when seated in restaurants, bars, lounges and on the sun deck.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available around the ship.
- Comprehensive isolation procedures and a response plan in place with local authorities, to be activated in case of suspected or confirmed Covid-19 cases.
- All crew undergo rapid Covid-19 testing prior to every cruise departure.
- Crew members follow proper hand-washing practices and wear face masks and gloves at all times.
- Crew members have undergone comprehensive health and safety training.
ELYSIUM PUBLIC AREAS & GUEST ACCOMMODATION
- We keep your rooms clean and free of germs and bacteria with daily UV light sanitizing.
- All cabins are deeply sanitized at the end of each cruise.
- UV disinfection and constant sterilization of frequently touched surfaces.
- Use of approved disinfecting products, effective against viruses.
- Air management, enhanced filters and other technologies applied, where feasible, to ensure fresh air circulation.
- Strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols also applied “behind the scenes”, in areas like the kitchen, laundry room and crew quarters.
- All spa and fitness facilities and services will be available with enhanced health and sanitatization measures and extended operating hours to compensate for reduced capacity measures.
- All snorkeling gear and water sports equipment will be sanitized after each use.
ELYSIUM DINING & FOOD HYGIENE
- Strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols are applied in the kitchen and during all food preparation.
- At the buffet restaurants the food will be plated and served by our crew members wearing face masks & disposable gloves until further notice
- Ample dining space, indoors and outdoors on board the Elysium, guarantees safe distance between patrons.
Onboard services are subject to change, based on local regulations or other restrictions, in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. Protocols are continuously evaluated and updated in accordance with new developments and official guidelines.
Stay up to date with the latest Covid-19 information by regularly checking: